Bridesmaid Purses instead of Flowers

Personalized Purses with Fabric Paint - ©Cindy Rippe 2012
Our theme this month for the Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop is "SUMMER CRAFTS".  Since this seems to be a popular time for weddings I thought I'd share this fun idea for Bridesmaids.

You can purchase an inexpensive clutch and decorate it with Fabric Pens and Paint.  A purse with a personalized design that matches the theme of your wedding could be carried down the aisle instead of flowers. These would be perfect as a gift for your attendants or the Mom's too.

I sketched the designs free-hand but you can copy a pattern and use transfer paper to apply it to the purse. Trace the linework and then fill in with fabric paint if desired.  I used a Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric and DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints.

Make sure you click through see more creative ideas from the other Designers on the Hop! Click the logo in the right column or go directly to the next Designer here.

There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.  Martin Luther


5 comments:

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

Beautiful! I love your flowers!

Fiddly Fingers said...

Love the designs. Afraid I would have to use a pattern. Drawing is not my strong point!

Cindy Rippe said...

Thank you Terry - I do love to draw flowers!

Thanks Alison - aka Fiddly Fingers - I feel the same way about your designs. Really cute and crochet is not MY strong point. Don't you love seeing what other creative people can do??

Einat Kessler said...

Beautiful project. Love the flowers!

Carmen said...

I love these purses! Not only are they gorgeous but they look like so much fun to make!